Our practice is comprised of specialist practitioners, many with an international background. Through their knowledge of the Middle East and their international and regional experience, the members of our arbitration team have the necessary expertise to provide representation at the highest level across regions and industries.
We have acted as counsel and arbitrators in disputes involving parties from around the world and arising in the following fields:
- Joint Ventures, Consortia and Corporate
- Sale and Purchase Agreements
- Energy and Natural Resources, including disputes over Crude Oil, Refined Products, Metals and Minerals
- International Trade
- Distributorship and Agency Agreements
- Construction and Engineering
- Property Disputes
- Insurance, Re-insurance and Mutual Assurance Issues
- Investment and Infrastructure
- Disputes arising under Bilateral Investment Treaties
- Sports and Related Contracts
We have acted in cases involving all regional laws as well as a range of other laws, including the laws of England and Wales. The locations of our arbitrations include the Middle East, Europe, Asia and Africa. Moreover, our lawyers are regularly involved in ad hoc and UNCITRAL arbitrations as well as those governed by institutional rules such as the Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC), the DIFC–LCIA Arbitration Centre, various Middle Eastern arbitration centres, the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID).